Friday, December 5, 2008

The name game


I always think of the Dr Suess book Too Many Daves when I think of naming a child. I also think of poor George Foreman's children who are all named George. I would like my child to have their own name, since I know he will certainly have his own unique personality. But it's agreeing on a name that's tricky. Our local paper had a section the other day of all the dumb names that famous people have named their children. There is Apple, Bronx, Kal-El ( superman), Pilot Inspektor, Tu Morrow. It's not like these poor kids will have a normal life anyway, why make them suffer with their name as well.

My husband likes more offish names than I do, but nothing as outrageous as these stars name their kids. A few names we think could be possible : Hamilton, Harrison, Nicholas.. so cast your vote for one. If we pick that name-I may even give you a gold star for your forehead.

7 comments:

MadMea said...

how about harrison? after all, Harrison Ford is awesome as indi and in star wars

Bunnie said...

For the gold star I vote Nicholas Alexander.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I think not for Hamilton- can you just picture roll call some day.
Last Name, Hamilton?- Duel anyone? Although he was very important in the founding of out country. Nick- Hum, not really, So I guess I am with MEA, Harrison of the choices given. Any family names for options? Tuvne, Jasper, Lyman, William- hey, there have been a lot of those in this linage-

Glad its you and not me, I had the last two on their way out of the hospital before their names were secured.

The Jungle Explorer said...

I like Harrison. Although I do like the idea of Hamilton Alexander just because it's Alexander Hamilton backwards.

Kirithinks said...

I really like Hamilton. its such a strong name i think. and, i think if you called him Harrison people will call him harry. And and if by chance he is a very hairy man. that wouldn't be cool. haha

Anonymous said...

jennica i believe strongly that you should name Jimbo Gidian because i saw a heart felt movie about a family that was torn apart and the angel Gidian helped them. it is 3 silibles and it rolls off the tong, and it is nice....... AT LEAST MAKE IT A MIDDLE NAME!!!!!

Lori said...

I love Nicholas, but I think all three choices are great. Becky, I think of you often and hope you are feeling well.