Niko has torticollis. It means he favors one side over the other. He prefers to look to his left, and his neck is stiff on the right side. My pediatrician first noticed this at three months and suggested he go to physical therapy. He has been going since August.
Because he favors one side, his head is a little misshapen from flattening on that side, and now he is going to have to wear a helmet ....23 hours a day!
Once babies are a year old, their heads are firm and will not be shaped. Anyone thinking Peruvian infant heads yet? I wonder how much they cried?....A least my husband is an artist and already has plans for the design on the helmet.


4 comments:
I totally didn't know that! And I didn't notice it either! Does he have the helmet yet??
Somehow I have been totally out of the loop on this-
I am sure his daddy will make sure he has the coolest helmut ever-
Bring him out and I will hold him for hours :)
ok- I've been spammed.
Post a Comment