Took a day trip to Miami to drop off some paintings for Rick's upcoming show this weekend. I have not been to Miami in years and we were only there for about 2 hours. I realized I really DON'T like big cities. Sure, there is lots to do...but all at a cost- cash only- and there is no parking, very few playgrounds, no bathrooms, everyone is in too much of hurry, etc...It all stresses me out, especially with a baby. Don't get me wrong.. I still like to travel to cities, but I love the quaintness of the smaller town... i.e. Murren over Zurich, St Augustine over Jacksonville, Hilton Head over Charleston, Celebration over Orlando ;) and dare I say it... Colmar over Paris.
But... I really DO like beaches with soft sand, so we took a quick trip to Key Biscayne State Park as the sun was setting. We wanted to let Niko have some freedom before we strapped him back into his car seat for the trip home. What did we find? Coconut palms, soft sand (not shelly, sticky sand), calm waters, a full moon, and a balmy 80 degrees. Absolutely beautiful!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness is he changing too fast! And his hair looks like it has a bunch of red in it? Maybe it was just the light?
I weeped when I read your blog. 80 degrees? It's just not fair. I think it's supposed to be 32 degrees today here.
Post a Comment