Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Haiti

I have been so overwhelmed by the thoughts of the infants and children in the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti. I have Haitian friends at work and church and it has been so sad to hear the reports. As I was changing Nikolas' diaper, I wondered who was changing their diapers, what were they eating? Then I found out my sis-in-law is collecting formula for Dr. McArthur who is currently helping in Haiti.
I love this idea and want to start a collection here if possible. (Side note- I believe this is the same Dr. McArthur who lived in my neighborhood/ward while I was growing up. His son is my brother's friend, but I'm not sure. He was always a really nice guy.)
Several orphans have been evacuated through Orlando and last night there was a mom on our flight with her newly adopted 3-year-old girl from Haiti. I can't imagine the horror that little girl has seen in the last couple weeks. She was very somber. Luckily, the mom spoke French, so communication was not an issue.
I have been very talking to my children about being grateful for all the blessings and comforts that we have .... and praying for those with less and none.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same Dr.Macarthur, he is doing a great service, he has already been over with a qroup of medical people from the church and he came back to get supplies.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was wrong his wife is pulling this together here, he is still there. I love the video. Bunnie

The Jungle Explorer said...

I talked to Dr. MacArthur's nephew, but he doesn't really know of anything besides what his uncle is a part of. I think your best bet is to contact the LDS humanitarian people out there.