Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacation


On our recent trip to Las Vegas and Salt Lake/Provo, we were able to see:
grandma Barbara, Alexanders,Watson family, Condies, Goslins, Nancy and Woffindens.

Highlights:
~Helped Julie move into her new classroom. Saw Lake Las Vegas and the Vegas Temple.
~Giggled with Niko as we showed him Mary Poppins, " I love to laugh."
~We went to Sundance Theater with Heidi and saw the musical Big River based on Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn. If you haven't seen the play: See it! It follows the book, has fun music, and is just a great story. The boy who played Huck was amazing. I hope he can keep his humble personality in the stressful theater business. The familiar looking Tom Sawyer portrayed young Joseph Smith in the recent Restoration film. :)
~Finally got to hold baby Greyson. He is a sweet, mellow baby.
~ Toured temple square. Nikolas loved running up and down the circular path to the Christus statue.
~Kids played with cousins and friends and saw grandmas and grandpa.
~Went to a Folk dance class at Education Week with Madeline. So much fun! Also went to see Marvin Goldstein.
~ Visited Anakin's grave.

I really miss my dad. Seeing Spence take care of Heidi the way my dad used to help his grown children made me miss him. Going to Education Week made me miss him- the last time I went, I went with him. Just being in Provo and remembering my happy childhood made me miss him. Watching Marvin Goldstein play the piano made me miss my grandma. Seeing my three children at Anakin's grave made me miss him and the time we couldn't spend with him, watching him grow. I am grateful for the knowledge that families are forever.



A cute pict of the kids at temple square

1 comment:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

In this pic- M has an expression that reminds me very much of my cousin Becky- which is weird because I see very little of our family in her usually- she is getting to be so beautiful- and grown up looking :( sadness- why can't they stay little like Niko- wish we could have seen you for a bit- but maybe next time-