Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Atlanta 2010


We recently returned from Atlanta/Dragon*con 2010. I can't really say I went to Dragon*con because I didn't. But I did enjoy watching the dragon*con parade on Saturday, and we did get Niko this cute dragon costume. And the biggest news... Rick won Best in Show!! at the art show at Dragon*con... and he wasn't even there to accept the award.

We enjoyed eating great food: at Gladys Knight and Ron Winans Chicken & Waffles, Rosa Mexicana, and La Madeleine.
We enjoyed great company: Will, Aga, Bill, Cindy, Tam, Kurt, Kathleen, Daria, & Hannah.
We enjoyed great weather and sights: temps in the 80's ; Georgia Aquarium, Olympic Park, Atlanta Temple, Suntrust plaza fountains, and Atlantic Station.

Last year, I was really unimpressed with Atlanta, but this year we really enjoyed the city and are looking forward to another visit next year.



3 comments:

Master Gardener said...

Way to go Rick- You need to post some of your paintings so I can live vicariously

alex said...

He only updates them on his website
www.artbyalexander.com

The Jungle Explorer said...

Congrats on Best in Show and cute dino costume.