Illness: Everyone in the family has been sick except for me. Nikolas was sick for three weeks and had to be on breathing treatments. He just wanted to be held and snuggle all the time.
Christmas concerts: Madeline & Christopher had their annual band concerts. Madeline's was held at the "snowfall" in Celebration. Madeline & I sang in our ward and stake Christmas programs. This year they asked to play a flute duet as well. Christopher played a trumpet solo at the ward party. I love the carols and Christmas hymns that remind us of Jesus's birth and life.
Santa Lucia: was celebrated Sunday, December 12. This year we honored our Swedish, German, and Norwegian ancestors in the outfits worn by the children.
Parties: M, C, & I went to the ward party and the McCarl party. Both were great events. The
ward party had over 200 people in attendance. The missionary couple- the Swains read
"Twas the Night Before Christmas" with her turning pages hidden behind him reading the book. At the Mccarl's, we had a hayride through the neighborhood singing carols. There are so many amazing families in this ward going about doing good for others. I love it and love their example!
Funerals: two dear elderly sisters passed away over the holidays. I was only able to attend the funeral of Sister Edmunds, where I sang with Sis Rucker and McCarl. The last five years of her life were spent in a home, and the last year she has been unable to speak. Her husband has visited her and made sure she knew he still cared.
Christmas: Santa was sneaky, and there were surprises under the tree. I love the holiday and love looking at the lights on the tree and the smell of pine and Christmas cookies.
Work: Rick has been preparing for an art show New Year's Day. I have been working extra long hours due to holiday travel and snow storms in the Northeast.
At the end of this month and year, I am grateful for our health, our home, our family, and the joy the gospel brings into my life. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Hope the art show went well. And tell C that I thought his solo was great.
Post a Comment