Another friend posted this article:
What are we using our blogs/journals for? I started this blog to get me through a really hard time in my life- a pregnancy after a loss. In this article, it states that sometimes we sugar-coat our lives. Well, of course we do. There are some things that we don't want everyone to have access to, and other things we'd rather forget. And isn't attitude everything- so we write positive things instead of negative. But are we losing some honesty in the process? I remember after my dad died, we read his journals and discovered he was in almost constant pain. He did not speak of it, but in his journal he could write about his true feelings.
2 comments:
guess it depends on if your blog is truly a journal or a creative outlet with some record keeping on the side. I have definitly not been putting it all out there on my blog or certain family members would have their eye scorched out. I have found that when I am editing myself like this- it is harder to write anything at all- guess it is going with Thumper's father-
I guess I'm just as bad at keeping a blog as I am a journal. :)
Post a Comment