Wednesday, April 6, 2011

General Conference

I listened to Conference this weekend, and I loved it! I wasn't able to hear the last session Sunday, so I was listening to it on my way to work on my ipod. That may not be the best idea. I was listening to Elder Richard G Scott's talk while on the employee shuttle bus, and he started talking about his little boy who passed away, and the sweet moments he had shared with him. After tearing up, I had to regain my composure, and prepare myself for the work day ahead.

I loved Elder Uchtdorf's comment "you may be texting right now.. it's ten minutes into his talk and he hasn't used an aviation analogy yet. " And then his remark that we should use the technology we have, but for good.

I love hearing from our leaders who chasten and uplift us. I am glad to be part of such an amazing church- the church of Jesus Christ. As I have traveled around to different parts of the country or world, my testimony grows stronger of the gospel. We have the keys of the kingdom of god on earth. We have a living prophet to guide us through this world. Thanks for the messages. I needed them.


2 comments:

The Jungle Explorer said...

I think Elder Scott's talk made everyone teary-eyed. I really enjoyed the Sunday afternoon session. I think it was my favorite one.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Ditto- Even growing up- I loved GC weekends- mom would turn the radio on with the intercom system so we could hear it throughout the house while we did the chores. I didn't take notes then like I do now- and I sure wish I had.

I loved the analogy "to Do" or "to Be"