Friday, July 15, 2016

To Ponderize or not to Ponderize?

So, it has come to my attention that "Ponderize" was being used as a marketing strategy. 😞 I've always worried about people using the gospel in order to make money. Anyway, it's  a good idea to find a scripture each week to focus on.  I've been reading the New Testament, and these words from Paul to the Romans seem to fit our day pretty well. 
Romans:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools...

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

 Recently, there have been several terrorist attacks, and it's a bit frightening. I'm grateful that I was able to go to the temple yesterday, and sit in the warmth of His love and peace for a little while. I have also had the opportunity to travel quite a bit recently, and I know there are so many good people in the world. I'm grateful, and I prefer to focus on the good.





No comments: