Saturday, October 11, 2008

first scare

We had our first trip to the hospital on Wednesday. The baby moved and felt like I was going into early labor. After lots of tests and a few hours, we found out that the baby was ok, but I needed to be even more careful. I know this sounds so easy for anyone who has not been through this, but it isn't. I feel like I could sneeze and lose the baby. Not only that, but I feel like every one around me would blame me for it because they would say "you did too much. " That is all I heard on Wednesday- you did too much. Well, it is really hard to know what "too much" is or isn't. I'm sure all of the high-risk doctors in the world would not be able to give me a good definition of bed-rest or "too much". They don't want me to stay completely in bed, because my muscles will atrophy and I'll develop bed-sores- not to mention I may not be able get through labor and delivery. I have to just have faith that I am doing the best that I can and let the Lord take care of the rest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Hello Betty Bed Rest:

I just had to send a "hello" your way. I pray that all will continue well with you and that sweet little baby. We need to get caught back up again. I think of you often.
-Lori