Wednesday, November 12, 2008

half way

I will not listen to strange high-risk doctors that don't even look at my chart before they talk to me and tell me all sorts of strange things that contradict everything else I have been told. i.e. "I don't know why you got the surgery, we're not sure that it will help." ( Your partner advised me to get the surgery and so far it has worked.) " You have one healthy child already. This should be a normal pregnancy." ( M or C?) " I see no reason for you not to keep doing your normal activities at work and home." (Do you mean standing all day at work or going swimming at the beach?) Comforting words I tell ya. The whole time I'm wondering why I am seeing him at all and if I can dispute my insurance payment to him. (I also wonder if he's the same specialist that told me to get an abortion with Anakin. It wouldn't surprise me.) Then, after his five minute review of my pregnancy, he says " see you in two weeks." I asked my regular doctor to get his name, and I will definitely NOT be seeing him in two weeks.

I am 20 weeks now. I went to the dentist today, and she is pregnant, too, and also having a boy. She is 30 weeks and I was a little jealous. She does not have to be on bed-rest and she's already 30 weeks. 30 weeks is so close to normal delivery time. I will not think about that. I will just take one day at a time and look back at where I have been.

2 comments:

MadMea said...

This is very sad. I hope I don't get a doctor like that. Also, there is a new post on halfwaythere it just isn't showing it. hmmmm

The Jungle Explorer said...

20 weeks ain't too shabby.