Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The name game, part 2


Well, Grandma Bunnie gets the gold star. Nikolas Alexander will be the name. Now we just have to agree on a middle name. If it seems strange that we are spelling it with a k- it is a nod to our Swedish heritage. I also decided that different spellings can be a very good thing, after hearing the story my friend at work told me last week.. He was arrested for a crime he didn't commit. He just happens to have the same name as another man that was born the same day, and same year in the same city (in Kentucky) who now lives in FL. Anyway, it did finally get sorted out later that night at the police station. He found out that the last number on your Florida drivers license is how many people in the state have your exact same name. My license number is zero because of how I spell Rebekah. Rick's is also zero thanks to his middle name. So there is something to be said about the bizarre Utah name spellings like Cailee, K'leigh, or Kayleah after all.

3 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Always good to have a decision! Maybe it will rub off on A & A-

Question though- don't you have a nephew named Nicholas?- I just know from a little too close hand experience how much fun it isn't to have first cousins with the same name. My daughter is being call BIG- so and so- and her cousin is being called Baby so and so- I could care less what they call BABY- but I am not going to allow my girlie to be called :BIG-
Of course this isn't as much of a problem with boys-

Middle- you have Ian and Owen- right? as in - already used?

What about Olan- or Ivan- those have the Scandenavian roots?

alex said...

Nope- No Nikolas in the family.
I have a cousin who had to deal with the big/little thing.

bunnie said...

I'm waiting for my gold star.