Monday, May 4, 2009

A name and a blessing







Little Niko was blessed on Sunday by my brother, Karl. He came from St George for the occasion. My niece, Tammy, and nephew, Kurt and nephews fiance, Brooke, were also here and Sam & Ilanna & family came as well. It was really a nice blessing and fast and testimony meeting, and afterward we had a taco feast. Nikolas knew it was his big day and behaved exceptionally. Of course, all the extra hands to hold him made him happy, too.
I bore my testimony about how healing it has been for our family to be able to have a little baby again in our home after sending Anakin back to heaven. I am so thankful for the opportunity from the Lord to raise another child. It isn't easy to be a mother. One of my co-workers, after meeting Nikolas, said "I don't know how you went though the pain of having a baby, I think I'll just get another cat." All I can respond is: It is so worth it- and so not like a cat.

5 comments:

The Jungle Explorer said...

I love the little white shorts. Niko is so cute!

MadMea said...

I love him.

alex said...

I bore my testimony to!

MadMea said...

um sorry for the confusion. That last comment was yet again me.

Lori said...

Great photos! You look fabulous. I hope I get to meet little Niko before he is not "little Niko" anymore.