Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

To all those who have risked their lives for our freedom, thank you! We honor you today, and remember those who didn't make it home. My father was in the armed forces in the Korean War, my brother-in-law in the Gulf War, and my nephew is currently in Afghanistan. When I was in France, I was able to visit Normandy. I have also visited Arlington Cemetery. These places have a sacred and solemn spirit about them. So many lives have been given in battle for us. I hope that we will be better citizens as we remember the sacrifices they have made for us.

In my family, Memorial Day is also the day when we remember all those who have gone before us. We usually decorate the graves of our loved ones and ancestors. Since I now live far away from where they are buried, I'd like to thank the family that is still close by, for continuing that tradition, and placing beautiful flowers on their graves. They are not forgotten.

No comments: