M had eighth grade graduation last night. Her school is K-8, so it was a big deal. She has been in the same school since 2nd grade. Now she's off to High School. High School! I'm old I tell ya. My kid is going to HS?! She is excited. I'll let her post a picture of her in her dress on her blog.
C is excited for no homework, sleeping in, and he wants to play more video games. He will be working, too, helping his dad at art shows.
I've been feeling under the weather this week, and there has been some pretty horrible news in the paper, so I haven't been sleeping well. But... the baby is starting to have a better sleep/wake pattern. He sleeps now for about five hours at a time at night instead of every two hours... Hooray!
I'm glad for summer, because I won't have parent homework, won't have to wake up early if I'm tired, won't have to run forgotten assignments to the school, drive the kids to everything, or be a money pit for school stuff for a couple months. As a bonus, I get to spend more time with the family.
I would like to still keep a schedule while we are in town, with piano or flute practice, Faith in God and some kind of math/reading for C, Personal Progress and Geometry for M before we all become too lazy. One year, we did two hours of reading every morning before we could do anything else. My kids love to read, and it worked great. We also did something active every day. I used to work hard every summer remodeling houses and fixing yards for my grandma's rental properties. I still had plenty of play time. There are still more free-time hours in the day in summer than during school, and the sun stays up longer with you. I love summer! :)
1 comment:
Well, we don't sing the song at school. Its more of a family joke. When people say What time is it? Me or mom burst into song!
Actually, that song is probably the only thing I like about that movie is that song.
Post a Comment