Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 years


It's been 10 years since Anakin came and left. Yesterday was his birthday and today, 10 years ago, he went back to his Heavenly Father. He would be 10.

It's hard for me to describe my feelings this time of year. Without even realizing it, I become restless, physically exhausted, sad, and usually a little angry. I'm still grieving.

My view of life changed forever with his death. Parents are supposed to outlive their children. When so many people told us to be grateful that he was spared a hard life, we could only see the good things he was missing and the things we would miss without him. A lifetime of memories. We only had one day.

Anakin we miss you, and we look forward to the time when we can see you again and spend those precious moments with you that we didn't get in this life. We will try to relish those moments with your sister and brothers while we can.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Love you Becky. Anakin will forever hold a little place in my heart too. You are a wonderful mama!

MadMea said...

I miss you Anakin