Sunday, February 1, 2009

baby items 101


I am overwhelmed. My co-workers threw a surprise shower for me on Friday. ( I almost didn't go to work that day since we had a huge barometric pressure system and I had contractions most the night.) I kind-of suspected something was up since they kept telling me to register somewhere. For the record, I didn't expect a huge shower at work with tons of food and cake. I just thought they might be going in together on something. It was very nice of them. I don't really like the spotlight, and since I wasn't feeling well, I hope I didn't say anything stupid.:)

I tried to register, I did- but things have changed so much since I had M & C that I was totally confused by all the choices. For example, I can get a stroller for $80-$800. I can get a car seat with a stroller, that converts to a toddler seat- maybe even converts to a bed. Anyway, I just want something simple, not heavy (since I am a wimp), and easy to use. Is that so wrong? I went to Target yesterday to test the strollers and car seats. I couldn't open the latch on even one car seat without struggling with both hands- and that's without a crying baby in 95degree heat in the summer! If any of you have suggestions, I'd love to hear what worked and didn't for you.

2 comments:

The Jungle Explorer said...

They are all ridiculously hard to use these days so it doesn't really matter what one you buy because you'll get used to it.

bids2calvin said...

The first time around I had a fancy car seat/stroller which I paid a lot for and didn't like at all. Way too heavy and cumbersome. With Ava I bought a simple car seat and an upgraded umbrella stroller meaning it has a basket, the seat reclines, and it has a top. I liked this much better. We were still able to fit our car seat on it until she was big enough to sit in the stroller. This time I am also going to purchase a take along swing because they just look so much more handy than the big ones.