Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Welcome home Nikolas


The waiting is finally over. Nikolas is home! He was born Sunday, March 22 at 6:16a.m. and weighed 7lbs even. He was 20 inches long.
Delivery drama:
-My water broke like in the movies ( but I wasn't in a taxi- I was at home)
-The epidural only wanted to numb my left side
-My vein blew during IV insertion
-He broke my tailbone during delivery
-He had low blood sugar, but is fine now

All of this is secondary to the fact that Nikolas is a healthy, adorable baby boy. He is a miracle and we are so grateful to have him home and as part of our family. Thank you for your prayers and concern for us during the past long nine months.

6 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

well- I came over to see womething exciting and all I got was a blank blog- bummer

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

that would be SOMETHING- not womething- LOL!

MadMea said...

Well were sorry, we are to busy cuddling him!

The Jungle Explorer said...

What a cute picture. Niko looks adorable. Sorry to hear about the tailbone - ouch.

Bongard Family said...

I am very excited for you! Sounds like it was not the best delivery and I feel your pain about the epidural only working on one side. Your stronger than me. I complained so much and stoppped dilating, so they gave me a second one to hope my labor would progress. Hope things are going well for you all and your tailbone heals quickly!

MadMea said...

If you want to hear about his traits and loves, hustle on over to http://goodlifesofar.blogspot.com